I am so thrilled to have my husband’s parents visit us, starting this week and for the next three weeks. They’ll be traveling nearly 7,000 miles, and it’ll be their first time to fly overseas since they lived in Japan in the 70s. I have a feeling this week will be quite the whirlwind, full of jet lag, cross-cultural surprises, fun with the grandkids, and perhaps some sightseeing.
That said, I don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen.
Here’s this week’s menu plan, held loosely in case we go out to eat. It will probably happen.
Photo by Sarah Lillian
- Monday: Dirty Risotto – We still haven’t tried this one, and I keep meaning to. Hope to do so tonight.
- Tuesday: Roast Chicken & Veggies - This is the best and easiest roast chicken recipe I’ve found. It uses a dutch oven effect to lock in moisture.
- Wednesday: Stir Fry – My husband’s cooking night. This is his regular.
- Thursday: Chicken Broccoli Soup – This uses chicken broth that I’ll make using the juices from Tuesday’s chicken.
- Friday: Homemade Pizza – Our Friday night favorite.
- Saturday: Red Beans & Rice – An inexpensive vegetarian Crock Pot dish. So easy.
- Sunday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & Tomato Soup. Can’t get much easier than this.
Tsh is the editor of this place, and is the founder of Simple Living Media, a little group with the mission to help people live simply. Her first book, Organized Simplicity, is in stores now. She's a mama to three little ones, likes her coffee black, and dislikes writing about herself in the third person.